Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rules of the Road

As most of us here know, I got my license a little under a month ago. Go ahead and make your jokes about the roads being unsafe now, but I'm actually a really good driver (for just getting my license anyways). Normally, I don't care how you drive as long as you can get me from point a to point be then back home safely. However, lately I've discovered that a lot of drivers aren't as good as you might think they are. Really it's people in general doing the right thing, but it's more about following the rules of the road for me today. For example, today I drove over to my ROP class for first period. The light was green, but the crosswalk sign changed at the same time so I couldn't go because pedestrians have the right of way. I figured I would just wait until the time ran out or I would turn right on a red because that's legal if traffic is clear. Well the light was still green and the time had run out, but three students decided to use the cross walk anyways. If you didn't catch that, these high school students are crossing illegally and I totally had the right of way (unfortunately, you can't enter a cross walk when there are pedestrians in it). Anyways, on my way back to school there was this truck heading to the same parking lot I was. I was doing exactly the speed limit and somehow, the guy managed to pass me. I don't mind that he passed me. He should have been doing the speed limit though (not ten over). On my way home from school there was a lot of traffic near the exit I use. Nothing new, but still frustrating at times. Some lady (probably a freshman's mom) was trying to switch lanes (she didn't signal or have room to fit into the spot. The kind lady blamed me and let me see her bird if you know what I mean. I decided to take the high road by changing lanes (I was going to anyways), smiling at her, and waving. I think I'm done complaining for the night. I'll post again when I find out if I get to go to Shady Creek. Good night. Comment if you have any other driving dos and don'ts. <3 Saved Individual

No comments:

Post a Comment