Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So much for waiting a week

I know that I said I was only going to post once a week for the summer, but that's not working for me anymore. Not this week anyway. Life is a learning experience. Everyday, we learn something new. This week I learned more than my fair share of things. One example, adults were kids once. A lot of them don't like to admit it, but it's true. They were all our age once and made mistakes just as bad as ours. Most of the time it feels like it's hard to admit to a mistake, but if you just tell them what happened the punishment is a lot less than what it would be if you tried to hide it. I also learned that adults DO care and love you. Try talking to them when you're thinking about doing something stupid. They have reasons for saying no sometimes. I'm just looking forward to school starting again and working at a vacation bible school until then. I feel like an emotional wreck and I'm driving myself crazy with missing my friends. As a teenager, we want to be independent. In reality, we should be wanting to be closer to our parents. Looks like we need a bit more experience before we realize it. Like they say, "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone". Maybe we should find a balance between the present and what could happen down the road. I know that after this summer I'm going to be planning things a lot better than I have this week. Ttyl <3 Saved Individual

No comments:

Post a Comment