Saturday, February 27, 2010

Adding insult to injury

This is a common saying that most people have used or heard. I feel that lately, insults and injuries have been common things in my house. Constant teasing doesn't exactly help when you're sore or hurt in some way. I realize that it's easy to hurt the feelings of people that wear their feelings on their sleeves, but to do it to family is crossing a line in my book. Yes, this sounds very hypocritical. No, I do not always practice what I preach. Unlike most people though, I can say that I'm trying my hardest to become a better person and looking forward to being a "saved individual". Ever find yourself wanting to go home? Ever feel that way when you're in your house? It's a hollow kind of feeling. It's sad to hear that people our age can feel so bad. We live in a society where there is much emphasis on outer beauty instead of inner beauty. Why should somebody be judged based on where they come from, or what they look like? Family is a group of people that you need and is decided before you are born. Friends are the family that you need that you pick. If they're true friends, they'll be there forever. Insults have less value if you don't let them bug you. Even if it does make you feel bad, don't show it. They only do it because it gets to you and they are insecure themselves. Here's a new challenge for you: be secure in who you are and try to be a better person. Yes, we've all made mistakes and yes, the Lord is willing to forgive you if you are truly sorry. Don't live with regrets, think of them as learning experiences. It wasn't a mistake, it was a fun time that you wouldn't do again. Good luck with the challenges. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment